Gandullf

Monday, August 21, 2006

Pikes Peak Marathon V

I finished the race beat the cut off's & got my shirt & finishers medal! despite the Altitude ( try running & only breathing through a straw) Spawning up hill (down hill runners have the right away so if you are in the middle of the pack you are fighting for every foot of progress on single track technical trail)

Close up of Big Horns











Gasp! Huff Puff, I reached the summit Spawning up stream against down hill runners did the turn around now I'm going down hill











Wish I could run like these BHS maybe next year...
Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

  • Were those bighorns up there during the race?? The only time I've seen bighorns on Pikes Peak is early in the morning on the Pikes Peak road...

    By Blogger Steve, at 7:16 PM  

  • The Big Horn Sheep were apparently spooked by the Cog Rail Train, And all the people on the mountain as they ran between one of the long switch backs and accross the course durring the marathon. I think close to the last mile to the top. I was somwhere in the middle of the pack. This was my second sighting of Big horns this summer about a month ago I saw 3 Rams below timberline on Mt Baldy in California & real close
    Guru

    By Blogger Gandullf, at 7:59 PM  

  • Thanks for sharing the pictures. I heard people talking about the sheep, but missed them being a little further behind.

    By Blogger JohnF, at 11:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home